Want to help make this site better? If you see a mistake, feel free to fix it. If you have a question that isn't answered here, add it to the list. If you know the answer to a question that is unanswered, answer it.
All of the pages on the wiki need editing from time to time. Some times it's to fix spelling or grammar, other times it's to update obsolete information. Regardless of why an article needs editing, it's always easy to do: Just click on the handy Edit link at the top of any regular page (i.e. one that isn't Special: anything).
- '''bold text''' will create bold text.
- ''italicized text'' will create italicized text.
- * bullet Will create a bulletted point (like in this list)
- <nowiki> tags will cause the software to ignore everything inside the tags (check the source of this page for examples)
- Putting a space before the text, or using <pre></pre> tags will create monotype text.
This is monotype text.
- [[Internal Link]] will create an internal link (like Source, for example).
- [[Internal Link|alternate text]] will create an internal link, but give it different text (like alternate text)
- [http://google.com External Link] will create an external link. Note: For spam protection, there are many restrictions on what links annonymous users can post. The best way to avoid problems is to log in.
If you would like to practice editing, use the SandBox. Editing is pretty easy. Just go to the SandBox and click the Edit button at the top of the page. The Sandbox is full of examples for you to play with.
If you want to write a tutorial, or fill out missing documentation, or whatever, you can easily create new pages. The best way to do this is to create an internal link ([[whatever]]) in an article, and click on that link to go to the Edit page for that article. Then, you can compose pages like normal.
When you're making a new page, be sure to categorize it! Put a link like [[Category:Something]] in the article to categorize it. Check out the Special:Categories page for a list of existing categories. Or, you can make a new category (if none of the existing ones meet the need) by making a new link. Note: Although it doesn't matter where you put the Category link, it's customary to put it at the very bottom.
If you post a script, please ensure that it conforms to our Coding Standards.
For more detailed info on how to edit Wiki pages, see WikiMedia's Editing Help Page
Check out the Wiki Help category for more help articles.